Gujarat Ecology Commission (GEC) as an apex body that aims at sustainable development of the State through comprehensive policy and works towards pollution control, environmental upgradation and ecological management.
- To work towards restoration and conservation of all major eco systems
- To work for efficient, effective and integrated management of Gujarat coast
- To take up research and studies for finding solution to environmental challenges and the sustainable development
- To internalise the concept of ecological management in developmental process within multi-stakeholders framework
- To create awareness about pollution control among all stakeholders and networking them for participatory and proactive action for formulation and conservation
- To excel as a model Environmental Information Systems (ENVIS) Centre in the country